Classroom Grant Cycle: NOW OPEN through March 24th, 2023
Grant Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
EEF Classroom Grant applications are processed through the CommonGrant website.
We encourage you to watch the instructional video explaining how to apply.
Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may be disqualified.
Using the links below, you may register for Common Grant, or log in if you are a returning user:
EEF classroom grants cannot be used toward cost of basic needs such as clothing, shoes, eyeglasses, general school supplies, or food. If you are a Tucson Unified educator seeking assistance in these areas, please contact the EEF office for information about EEF’s programs that address Basic Needs Support for TUSD students.
1. Proposals must be for projects taking place during the 2023-2024 school year and led by TUSD educators for TUSD students.
2. ONLY Tucson Unified staff & educators are eligible to apply. Staff may collaborate with students and parents to apply for grant funds. However, only TUSD employees may be listed as lead educators and team members on the grant application. If a team of educators is applying, a lead educator must be identified as the applicant.
3. EEF classroom grants may not be used to compensate Tucson Unified teachers or staff for any purpose.
4. The project MUST be approved by the school principal.
5. EEF’s Allocations Committee reviews and evaluates all proposals on an annual basis and notifies applicants of decisions in April. Grants will be funded after July 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 school year.
6. Proposals are awarded on a competitive basis according to the strength of their originality and thoughtfulness, available funding, and the clear articulation of their specific learning goals as they relate to curriculum enrichment .New and continuing projects will be considered.
7. Clearly state the proposed project’s learning objectives, discuss how you will achieve these objectives and how you plan to assess your effectiveness in achieving these objectives.
8. Be sure your budget is clear and understandable. Funds must be spent as stipulated in the proposal budget. Funds must supplement, not replace, state or local funds.
9. All expenditures must be supported with physical receipts. Due dates TBD.
10. If a teacher’s employment, position or school site changes the applicant MUST contact EEF.
11. Non-compliance with these guidelines may effect eligibility for future grant funding.
Classroom Grant Sponsors
EEF Classroom Grants are funded by proceeds from:
EEF Ray Davies Lifetime Humanitarian Achievement Award Luncheon
Ora S. & Jane Davies Endowment
Jacob Eisner Memorial Endowment
Kay and Lee Scott Memorial Endowment
The Martin M. Wandrey Fund
Tucson Electric Power (TEP)